[Steppes] Irish folk session....(off topic and mundane alert!)

jake curda jakecurda at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 05:31:28 PDT 2007

Greetings all,

  to those who hold a love of old Irish music this is for you......I have ben around playing with quit a few session groups in DFW and I confess that all i get from them are Reels , Jigs, and Airs........Mundanely I am an Irish musician, and all i can say is that these lack a bit of the fun and hooplah that i came to love about folk sessioning.....no one sings, no one dances.......I want more......

  if there are those of you out there who love the music and want more of it, or who just want to listen.....get in touch with me.....i would like to start a regular session incorperating folk, a session like you find in some hole-in-the-wall pub in Ireland.........these other groups just don't seem receptive when you try to throw in a song like "Jhonny Jump Up" into their set list......PLEASE for the love of god and good Irish music, help us all........if you play a tin whistle , a banjo, spoons, or just bang a pot that your mother gave you lets get to it.....but lets play some good Irish music while we do it........

  now that I have put this out i will let it be......SCAdians unite for better Irish music!

  brought to you by the less staunchy half of that Japanese guy that the drunk vikings call Yugi-oh....(and still grumbeling over it)........
  Jacob