[Steppes] Gate Issues (was Discouraging / Encouraging)

Sir Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:10:38 PDT 2007

As Baroness Alys pointed out, gate is an opportunity for bad communication
to occur on both sides of the coin.  There's plenty of blame in this world
and situations where the gate person is fully at fault, situations where the
person going through the gate is fully at fault, situations where the fault
is shared in the big grey area in beteween.  Her advise is sage.  Meet these
situations with politeness FIRST.

Certainly there are times when a confrontation will become necessary.

But what bothers me is that people who would strive to be exceptionally
polite in the game-side of things, just through "those doors", would not let
the magic of the SCA change thier hearts and lives, and let that be the
guiding light for their more modern lives, like paying real world money to
get to participate in their hobby, or taking money so their chapter of a
club can afford to host an event.

Do we need a CLASS for this?  Gosh I hope not.  I hope that when I fail that
my friends will gentely remind me, and I pray I'm noble enough to recognize
the FAVOR I'm being done.

Morgan