[Steppes] Gate Issues

Carolle M. Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Tue Jun 26 11:40:45 PDT 2007

Or Sunday afternoon during Fighter Practice.
The Round Table class is given by the Treasurer's department, and does
revolve strictly around the paperwork, money handling, etc. I've taken it
more than once (ok, I'm slow, I admit it!).
A class on the ins and outs of people-handling would never go amiss,
although it would be unable to cover all the "types" we have in the SCA.
One thing I've seen repeatedly at Gate is individuals insisting they have a
place on the "comp list".  While it is traditional to offer this to Royalty
and a certain set of our current Baron's 'cousins', that list is decidedly
short because of the expense of running the event.  Folks that stand there
and argue and get rude because someone 'overlooked' them for that list are
one of my pet peeves, really.

"someone should have told you..." or "you should have known..." are really
not acceptable remarks in any environment.  I know the IRS uses the second
one on a daily basis, but they're the IRS and you have to play by their
rules.

Gerita the invisible

Carolle Cox
Japanese Chin Rescue and Care Volunteer
www.japanesechinrescue.org
Dallas area Chin lovers
www.dfwchinlovers at yahoogroups.com
FMCPAAA President
www.fmcpaaa.org
Flower Mound CERT
www.fmcert.info
Pituitary Disease Support
www.pituitarydiseasesupport at yahoogroups.com
 PTA Area 16 Arts in Education

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun
is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if there is
a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross

This is a private email.  It is not to be shared or forwarded without
express written consent from Carolle Cox