[Steppes] Gulf war gifts - need ideas

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 12:51:32 PST 2007

It seems to me, that a fleece cloak or lap blanket is something they could very easily buy themselves. Essentially, all you need to do is buy a couple of yards of the stuff. I'd prefer to see the gift(s) from the Steppes represent its artisans, rather than the ability to run to the fabric store.

  That said, I have a fleece super tunic, so I'm not down of fleece. I'm just saying, it's not uniquely from the Steppes.

  I like the idea of the quilt, as in it is a thing many hands could contribute to, but they would all be textile hands. Why not -- a box, with room for things from many hands, to show the range of our artistans. I don't know of anyone who doesn't like a poem about them, their kingdom, etc., and wouldn't that be a neat collaboration between our thriving C&I community and our bardic community? So, it's not a quilt in the sense of a patchwork of fabric, but a quilt in the sense of a patchwork of fabrications.

  My two cents.

  Emma

DonnelShaw at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 11/10/2007 1:48:21 AM Central Standard Time,