[Steppes] The Dream, New comers, and how we play the game.

Dana Busenbark danab-steppes at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 21 17:14:06 PDT 2008

I will say this much...

As a newcomer to the list, as an old timer (maybe?) to the SCA, and it
having been 15 years since I've done this, I've had an incredible
welcome from this list.  Believe me when I say, what you are hearing
about isn't exclusive to the Steppes or the Kingdom. There are many
times I can think of when I was in Adenveldt that I felt the same way.
And I was from that Kingdom. Even then, I volunteered my time for the
most part, in exchange for getting to be a part of the event. I plan
on doing that here still. I'm in a National Service Fraternity,
volunteering is in my nature/soul/whatever you want to call it. So
I'm  hoping when Warlords comes around that I will be able to help the
Autocrat or the Merchant Autocrat or even step up and do something for
y'all there in that regard. I was the Merchant Autocrat one year at
Aden-Outlands war up near Flagstaff. I had a blast with that.

Dana