[Steppes] Moving Business Meeting

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 11:19:32 PDT 2008

Lynea makes excellent points!

SNIP

> 4) Pet Peeve.... Keep Business for Business Meeting, and pull the meeting out of populace? I don't get to go to Populace very often, and when I have gotten to go.... I've been at a business meeting. I'd like to see a more clear demarcation between the two, and forego business at Populace, unless it is a legitimate emergency where a quorum of something or other is needed.

We have tried this before and have always had folks who want a brief update on what is happening. It is, after all, a meeting, as well as a revel. While everyone is welcome at Business meetings, there are those who cannot make it and still want to know what is going on. A 15-20 minute briefing of the populace and quick updates on upcoming events or concerns really isn't out of place. If you want to skip it, you are always welcome to come to the meeting/revel about 8 or 8:15 and you will probably miss it.

Respectfully, I usually do, when I can. And respectfully, I've never missed the "meeting". Also respectfully, we have a business meeting, a newslwetter, and a website with minutes. Could we just actually get together once a month and play SCA?

Emma