[Steppes] Moving Business Meeting

Barbara W alysd38 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 16:44:32 PDT 2008

Well, I don't live in the Steppes any more, and was never a regular at
business meetings when I did, but as one of those that is attending
Tuesday night rapier practice I feel like I should chime in.

Morgan suggested moving practice.  I think that is not the best
solution.  The practice is well attended by people from within and
without the barony. Somewhere around 20 people regularly attend, five
or six of them Dons, this makes the rapier practice one of the most
successful weekly activities in the region.  The heavy practice that
has started up is looking like it, too, could become a strong regular
event.  If something is working, don't break it.

I am not sure about moving business meeting to the park...actually I
think populous would work better there (those of you old enough will
remember practices at flag pole hill that were really more like small
events; people working on their projects, sharing their new ideas, the
Baron & Baroness in attendance and available to the populous...)

Hmmm...if we put populous at the park on Tuesday evenings one night a
month that would free up that Friday night for business
meetings....though personally I think Fridays should be for going to
events.

Anyway, two cents from a poor, landless court baroness....

Alys