[Steppes] Steppes artisan and calender

alkudsi at aol.com alkudsi at aol.com
Wed Aug 20 13:10:54 PDT 2008

Lady Stephanie,

The reason that we have Artisan when we do is because June and July are the recovery months from Steppes Warlord. Trying to put on another major event within 60 days of our biggest event of the year would be unwise. You make a valid point, however, that it is difficult to take the constructive criticism from Artisan and produce anything for LPT. But there is a significant difference between the two events. LPT is not "judged" or a competition. It is a display event for comments from the Laurels who may or may not have ever seen your work. Therefore displaying there, you will get additional input to assist you in bettering your art, not competition scores. The reason it is called Laurel's Prize Tourney is that several Laurels sponsor special awards in their fields -- not all of them, just a few.

It also tends to be a single-entry event, although some of us have been known to expand on that a bit.

Go to both, then take the accumulated comments from the two events to produce something for Kingdom A&S in January/February for competition.

Hope that helps!

HL Saqra