[Steppes] Is SCA membership declining overall?

brenda mchenry roana8 at msn.com
Tue Jan 8 14:49:45 PST 2008

First of all I do wish to thank Baron Edwin for giving us an offical spin on things.   And for his dedication and service to SCA.

While I haven't been in the society for eons I am mature (age wise not mentally).  When I came to the Society 8 years ago one of the things that really caught my attention was the family aspect of it.   There was something for everyone in my family to do.   My children were involved as much as their parents.   But I think we have lost a number of our youth because there isn't a place for them.  Our own teens and 20 somethings are not staying with us and in turn bringing their friends along for the "fun".   Childrens's activities are a thing of the past.  Our youth combat is almost an afterthought.   At 12 Night this past weekend most of the young persons (my own included) were seen with a video game in their hands.  If we don't keep them interested we lose them as well as any potential new blood they might encourage.

Off her soapbox.Roana FitzStephen Du bist niemand als bei eine Katze ungewissand sind.