[Steppes] SAIL Homeschool Demo Site Information & Schedule

Elinor Salter steppesexchequer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 18:56:30 PDT 2008

Please see my earlier post for things we still need.

Volunteers will need to bring feast gear for lunch.  You need to contact me
or Hadassah that you are volunteering (you're already counted if you're
teaching a class) so we can provide a lunch count to SAIL.  Otherwise you
will need to make your own lunch arrangements.  Dinner arrangements are on
your own, but we encourage that you consider bringing takeout to the park.
There are a number of restaurants and grocery stores about 3 miles south of
the site at the junction of 380 and 75.

We also recommend that you bring a chair, sunscreen, and snacks/drinks to
ensure that you are comfortable.  A water cooler for the populace and drinks
for the fighters will be provided.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Erwin Park
4300 CR 1006
McKinney, TX 75071

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4300+County+Road+1006,+McKinney,+TX+75071

Schedule (all times subject to SCA time):

Friday
6:30 pm - loadout at the Steppes storage garage, see Viviana's recent post
for directions

Saturday
8:00 - 10:00 am - pavilion and A&S display setup
10:00am - Demo opens
10:00am - 4:00 pm - A & S Display
10:15am - SCA 101 class
11:30am - Morning court (welcome remarks)
12:00pm - 1:00 pm - Lunch
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Classes
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Rapier and heavy fighting (mini-tournament and pickups)
4:00pm - Evening court (closing remarks)
After court - Teardown
5:00pm - ? - Revel

The park closes at 10pm

--
Ly Elinor Salter (m/k/a Joanne Jones)
Exchequer, Barony of the Steppes, Ansteorra