[Steppes] SAIL Homeschool Demo Information

Elinor Salter steppesexchequer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 18:55:40 PDT 2008

If you have thought about coming to the SAIL Homeschool Demo but aren't
sure, please do join us!

If you haven't heard about it at populace or business meetings, this
promises to be a very effective demo.  The target audience is a large group
of homeschooler families that have already shown interest in us and what we
do.  The intended feel is as a mini-collegium to show this group what the
SCA does.  We will have classes.  We will have A&S display.  We will have
fighting.  We will have socialization.  We will have a post-demo revel.

The most important thing at this point is getting items from the storage
garage to the site.  We have at least a pickup truck and SUV and could use
more to be safe.  If you could help, with transporting items or loading,
please please contact our wonderful quartermaster Viviana.

If you are interested in A&S display or classes, please contact Hadassah.  I
will be posting the schedule after this post.
Items we need:
- Adult/children medieval books (you don't mind people looking through) for
a table in the quiet area
- Medieval games to share for people to play (some paper board versions of a
few basic games will be provided)
- Table-top siege weapons you may possess as an example for the kids siege
weapon class
- Examples of feast gear with a 3x5 card briefly describing price/where you
got it for a display (to demonstrate a range of feast gear from Goodwill
starter to commissioned)

Assistance we need:
- Loadout is at 6:30pm at the storage garage, please see Viviana's post
earlier today
- Setup at 8am - we are setting up popups and pavilions, including the
Baronial pavilion
- Heavy fighters (mini-tournament, prize provided for winner)
- Rapier fighters (mini-tournament, prize provided for winner)
- Bards - willing to provide family-friendly stories, songs or instrumental
music
- Help in the game area to help show people how to play (you could learn the
game too)
- Anyone really - the more the merrier!

If you are volunteering and have not contacted Hadassah or myself, please
contact me as soon as possible.  Lunch is provided by the SAIL group for
their members and SCA volunteers.  If you are not included in the count I am
providing to Klara, you will need to make your own lunch arrangements.

--
Ly Elinor Salter (m/k/a Joanne Jones)
Exchequer, Barony of the Steppes, Ansteorra