[Steppes] Veteran's Day -- an irony

alkudsi at aol.com alkudsi at aol.com
Tue Nov 11 07:55:52 PST 2008

Have you noticed that banks are closed today, and most government offices? The Post Office? But on this Veteran's Day when we remember and consider the sacrifices made by those of us who served, the majority of us DON'T have the day off to even go to the parades? How weird is that? I've often wondered why those of us with DD214s don't have the time off, yet thousands who never served, do. Ah, the irony...

Of course, the Post Office would have to close down if all Veterans were off...because a lot them still serve this country in a much derided service business that delivers our mail. Just another form of serving our country, still.

Saqra