[Steppes] TONIGHT, Monday, August 24: How the SCA Works: Kingdom Event Bids

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 01:29:03 PDT 2009

You're invited to Robin and Serena's house at 7:00 p.m on Monday, August 24th for this month's discussion in our "How the SCA Works" series:

PUTTING TOGETHER A KINGDOM EVENT BID

We will discuss the types of kingdom events, the kingdom's event bid process, and what goes into a successful bid.

Since we certainly don't know it all, we're also inviting others to make it a panel discussion, because there are different approaches to bidding on kingdom events.  Please come by and add your comments, experiences and questions.

ABOUT THE SERIES "How the SCA Works":

The SCA is a co-operative game.  It works because we all work together and play together.

This leads to an obvious question - how does it work, and what can you do to become a bigger part of it?

Every month, Robin and Serena will take one aspect of the SCA and discuss how it's supposed to work, how it really does work, and how you can be part of it.  Topics will include the social structure, the award system, the officers, how events work, and other topics to be chosen based on the suggestions of the attendees.

But it's not about our one way.  The crucial thing to understand is that nobody understands the entire SCA, and there are lots of good ways to work and play within it.  To misquote Joe Straczinski, our job isn't to give definitive answers.  Our job is to ask questions and open discussions and start bar fights.

Come join the argume ... err, the discussion.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin
Serena Lascelles / Diane Rudin

Use your favorite online mapping gizmo to locate us at:

7135 Vinland St.
Dallas, TX  75227-1829

214-663-2326 (Serena's cell)

Please note that GPS gadgets and online mapping gizmos are not totally accurate -- they ALL come up with a house halfway down the block from us.  Once you are on Vinland Street, **go by the numbers posted on the houses**, not the online "street view".  Look for the house in the middle of the block with a rose garden including a small statue of St. Francis.

Please be careful when crossing the construction zone around our neighborhood -- the road is torn up, and if you're not careful, your car will be, too.

Allergy warning:  we have a cat.