[Steppes] Roman Standards

uilliacc uilliacc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:00:20 PST 2009

the glory hole was a fifty gallon drum refractory bricks and refractory
blanket-about 4" of thickness, two venturi burners, I can't remember the
btu but we ran them on natural gas cause the college had a producing
well.  The melting kiln (for loss of a special name for it) was all hard
refractory brick and a single burner was sufficient-- I'd have to go
back and refresh the specifics to tell the truth,  it was @ 1986-88 when
we did it...   we didn't make the glass-- nasty fumes and city
ordinances...

space for the equip would be the primary supply