[Steppes] Roman Standards

uilliacc uilliacc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:18:45 PST 2009

the  gravitational effects on glass can be seen in windows  less than
100 y.old,  it is startling at first...

the cloudy outside also suggest abrasion as the possible method of shaping

as for annealing or slow cooling,  thicker glass which has more volume
to surface area retains its internal heat longer and is easier to
produce...  thinner glass gives up it's heat much quicker leading to
more brittleness

were the molds stone, pumice or cast refractory? the Romans were quite
advanced in their plaster/concrete knowledge -cast refractory could be
very similar to either...