[Steppes] illumination question

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 08:45:23 PDT 2009

Lady Gabriele,
Do a search for gouache (it's even pronounced goo-wash in French).  Perhaps the spelling was the issue in the search.  Dick Blick is a good art supply and you can order online.  However, I've never had any trouble finding gouache.  I think I got it at Michael's.  Acrylics work, but gouache was always our preferred paint for illumination when I was in the guild.

It's been awhile since I've done any illumination or calligraphy for Steppes, but I received a thistle for C&I several years ago. :)

HL Gabrielle Honoree de Saint Pierre

“It was a good clang, with the oiyoiyoioioioioioinnnnnggggggg that is the mark of a clang well done.” The Wee Free Men, by Terry Pratchett. (also the exact sound of a face connecting with a Paris traffic light) :D