[Steppes] An old friend

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 15:27:27 PDT 2009

HL Margaret left a real void when she stopped playing SCA.  She designed several of the kingdom award charters that are still in use today, wove yards upon yards of trim, spun wool and silk finer than any I've seen before or since, taught many excellent classes on fiber arts and C&I, created some of the most awe-inspiring original scrolls that have ever been made in the SCA, and was in general one of the most talented and generous persons it has ever been my privilege to know.  The bears-for-charity sewing parties the barony had at her instigation and under her supervision were an amazing example of the barony coming together to give of iteself for unselfish reasons.  I wish her nothing but the best of luck wherever she goes.

--Serena