[Steppes] Is the combat archery class still scheduled?

William Black Dragon ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 31 13:08:26 PDT 2010

OK, since I did not hear back as to my question as whether you
wanted to hold or combat archery training session or not I'm
offering you guys an alternative to holding the CA session at
Steppes fighter practice.

What I propose is we hold it tomorrow on my covered patio,
reasons being:  the heat for one, we shall be in a shaded spot
with several fans going.  I have a box half full of of combat arrows
which need to be recycled, we can clean and repair these and
you can take some home to practice with.  I have power tools
here should we need them.  We can practice shooting at static
targets in my backyard, something we cannot do at the new
park yet.

So let's plan to begin around 2PM, bring camp chairs, mugs &
whatever you wish to
 drink.  I'll make some tea & have a ice
chest for drinks.  I have loaned out my jockey box & CO2 bottle
for a wedding but I've been offered the loan of another bottle and
I have 5 gallons of Shiner leftover from Warlord I would like to
see go away so I can refill the carboy, should anyone wish to
help with that task, making the Shiner go away of course.
Snacks are welcome as always!

We are located at 2325 Cody Drive, Dallas 75228 near the St.
Frances & Ferguson Road intersection in East Dallas.  You can
catch St. Frances off 20/30 east and follow it north to Banquo,
turn left follow that to Cody turn right and we're the forth house
on the left.  Call me if you get lost, 214-779-0777.

We will be talking armor as well and I have some patterns that
might interest you, if so I can copy the information so you can
take it with you.

So
 I hope you can make it, we have held our bowyer & fletcher's
meeting here before and it worked out well, except we tested
real arrows then!  After eleven years of whacking a pell, throwing
knives & axes, and archery (both target & combat) here in the
backyard the neighbors are used to it!

Regards,

Ironwyrm

PS: If you have any scrap or leftover closed cell foam
you would like to donate please bring it.  We have had
trouble finding it since Walmart quit handling it as
camp sleeping pads.