[Steppes] {HERALDRY} Help with emblazoning

Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 09:51:22 PDT 2010

> > The idea we're playing with is something like, "Argent, three greyhounds
> > courant in pale sable, on a bordure engrailed or fimbriated gules eight
> > fleurs-de-lys in orle azure."

To avoid the can't-fimbriate-a-border, consider the following blazon (bad Alasdair, no biscuit:  blazon is the language, emblazon is the picture...):

Gules, on a bordure engrailed Or eight fleur-de-lys azure and on an escutcheon argent three greyhounds courant in pale sable.

Greyhounds demote to tertiaries - and this variant may run afoul of rulings involving charged escutcheons as a form of marshalling of arms....

Still complexity of eight by my count, but may be a squeaky fit to that count.

(Shape of escutcheons defaults to heater-shape shield last I actively checked, but that should be verified before submission.)

Amra, curmudgeon-in-training
ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe / Adieu, Amra

Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen