[Steppes] Insults and curses-fun new thread

Elaine eshc at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 09:06:01 PDT 2011

I was thinking how fun it would be if our fighters could use ancient
curses and insults on the battlefield. Wonder how many are out there
that we could use as another embellishment?

Imagine someone yelling the insult that one of the courtiers
whispered about El Cid---that he was a "son of a miller." Millers
were considered thieves for supposedly  skimming a little something
for themselves from another's grain that the miller was to make into
flour . They were also accused of cheating their patrons in business
transactions. (Learned from a documentary this morning on El Cid)

Imagine a book curse being used in a different setting:
"May you be frizzled in a pan!"
http://capping.slis.ualberta.ca/cap03/sandra/book_curse.html

Anyone else have a favorite? Would the fighters actually use these to
taunt their opponents?

YIS ( and for more giggles),

HL Lete Bithespring, Steppes

'Let's put the "fun" back in "dysFUNctional,'--Mundane greeting card
quote