[Steppes] Thanks

Yes, That Seafox via Steppes steppes at lists.ansteorra.org
Sun Aug 16 11:18:02 PDT 2015

Hey, folks, I wanted to send a note out both to the great folks who put on
Artisan yesterday, and also to the society on a powerful moment I had at
Artisan.
I lost my sight twelve years ago, (if anyone happens to find it I'd love to
have it back) and I've only been to one event in the intervening time. I
didn't get to court at that event. (Warlord 2007 -- I was merchanting) Today
I got to experience my first courts since losing my sight, and it was
wonderful knowing the society has taken steps to help with folks who are
sense disabled. Not only did the silent herald, Nessa, sign during the
court, (which of course I couldn't see) but she made a specific effort to
ask me, before evening court, how I was doing and if there was anything I
needed, and then she described the room to me. I can't put into words how
much I appreciated that.
As the society gets older so do some of the long term players, and I'm sure
these accommodations are welcome for many of them as much as they are to me.
This is the kind of thing that makes me want to be less of an occasional
participant and get more involved again.
Thank you Steppes. Thank you Ansteorra. Thank you SCA.

Herr Marcus Il Volpé
Captain of the Laughing Fox, retired