[Steppes] tabard making party

Karen Calhoun via Steppes steppes at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Feb 10 14:21:42 PST 2016

Come one, come all!

Barony of the Steppes, do you hear the cry of war? I ask you to come together to support our fighters!

Mark your calendars! We will be making war tabards for our fighters in Feb. It's Sat. the 20th from 10am to 6pm. The tabards will have the Ansteorran populace badge on the front (gold with black star, black edging) and the Steppes Baronial Guard badge on the back (black with a semi of oak leaves, think polka dots with oak leaves). This will probably be an all-day endeavor.  It is my hope that we walk away with 15-20 tabards done in a single day; I would also like to have about 10 kids tabards made too. We can then sell them for a minimal cost. It is my hope that all Steppes, Glaslyn, and Kyngescreke fighters have the opportunity to wear our colors at Gulf War.

We will need: irons and ironing boards, scissors, sewing machines, stamp painters, extension cords, a serger or two, operators for all of this stuff and folks to cheer us on.

We will be at Austin Academy, 1125 Beverly Dr in Garland.  More instructions regarding parking and so forth will come later.  There will be a Band Solo and Ensemble thing happening in the building at the same time so prepare your mind, body and spirit.

Please plan to join me in making tabards so that our members can wear our colors at Gulf War!

Baroness Ekaterina