[Western] Schedule for Cresent Wrench. Directions to both the Saturday and Sunday sites

estarkey estarkey at starband.net
Sun Jan 25 18:11:55 PST 2004

To all Good Gentles of the Western Region.

Free lunch!
Attend the very first Crescent Wrench..
Get your Authorization classes and find out good to know stuff here instead
of huddled around a windy picnic table..
Be a part of Discussion about the Region -Gothic Wars, 2004 RedTape and
Crown list being hosted by the Western Region, helping each other, Gulf Wars
(have ya preregistered?-time's a running out).
Even if you aren't a fighter, go to the Regional fighter practice the next
day at Commache Park there in Big Springs. Watch the melees.  Talk with your
friends.  Make new friends around the area.
Be part of the solution!

If you have any questions or comments, let me know, post to the list,
communicate<G>.

Lady AmaRyah

Time  Saturday, Feb 7

0900  Site Opens

0930  General Meeting

1000

1100  Regional and Local Officer's Meetings
      List Mistressing Baroness Safyie
      Thrown Weapons - Lord Svendrogan

1200  lunch

1300  Rapier Marshaling- Lord Angus
      Heavy Weapons - Sir Aaron
      SCA 101 Baroness Safiye
      Feastocrating - HE Anastasia

1400  Seneschal Class - Baron Gavin
      Heraldry- Lord Rufus
      A&S forms, reports and Competitions - Lord Agnarr.

1500  Using the Excel Spread Sheet - Baroness Safiye
      A&S Documentation -Lady Adelaide de Bourbon
      Chirurgeon 101 - Lady Genevieve del Gambal

1600  Treasurer's Class -Monthly, Quarterly, EOY -HE Anastasia
      Youth Marshaling - Baron Chiang
       Waterbearing 101 - Lady Genevieve del Gambal

1700  Treasurer - Gate Procedures, NMS, Event Reports -HE Anastasia
      Waterbearer in Charge - Lady Genevieve del Gambal

1800  Closing Meeting (if needed)

  Sunday, Feb 8 Regional Fighter Practice, Heavy and Light, Commache Park
11am  NEW FIGHTER AUTHORIZATIONS

DIRECTIONS

 Here is the "official" announcement for our region's first
Crescent Wrench round-table meeting.  To my understanding, it's to be
a meeting for all regional and local officers, anyone desiring to be
an officer, and anyone with an opinion to share about our dear
Western Region, to strengthen and organize her. Therefore, it's
pretty well open to
everyone.
       The populace of Crossrode Keep will provide a simple sideboard
luncheon for everyone attending.
WHEN:  Saturday, February 7, 2004.  The hall opens at 9:00am.
WHERE:  Fellowship Hall, First Presbyterian Church, Big Spring, TX,
located at the intersection of 7th and Runnels Streets.  The easiest
way to get there is to come into Big Spring on Hwy 87.  Stay on it
until it becomes S Gregg Street through Big Spring. Stay on S Gregg
until you get to W 7th St, and turn east.  Continue east on 7th St.
till you get to Runnels St.  Stop at that big, Gothic-styled
building.  The door we'll be using is the glass door on the north end
of the building, the 7th Street side.  CAUTION: Big Spring has two
7th streets!  If you're coming from the north, skip NW 7th, and
continue on south till you drive over the viaduct, then start looking
for W 7th St. An easily visible landmark is the "Advance Auto Parts"
sign--turn east there.
      Hope to see you there!  Your friend, Ldy Elewys Luscomb
Seneschal, Shire of Crossrode Keep (If you have questions, or need
further info, please contact me at this
addy:  jlusk at crcom.net)

Greetings everyone;

HE Sir Arron has asked that I post directions for the upcoming Regional
Fighter Practice being held in Crossrode Keep (Big Spring, Texas).  We will
be holding this fighter practice in Comanche Trail Park where we hold our
regular practices.

Also if anyone did not receive a copy of the attached map.  Please e-mail me
directly at agnarr at ddraytech.net and I will send one directly to your e-mail
address as an attachment.

>From the South:  As you are coming into Big Spring on Hwy 87, look for the
damn on the left side of Hwy 87.  You will need to be in the left hand lane
as you will be making a left turn just as you pass the overflow area, this
is the entrance to Comanche trail park.  (Note:  If you pass the McDonald's
on the left or end up at the Stoplight you have gone to far.)  From the park
entrance you just need to stay on this road as you will pass some tennis
courts and come to a stopsign. Turn right, and go west about 100 yds, and
turn left at the stop sign. (yes you will go thru a set of gates but don't
worry).  At this point you will re-enter the park thru a different set of
gates so just continue to go straight and the road will go directly to the
Baseball Diamond Area and two large sets of pavilions.  We will be under the
pavilion on the Right side of the stopsign  (Just to the North of the
Baseball Diamond).

>From the North, West or East:  Make your best way to the intersection of Hwy
87 and I-20. (Exit 177).   At the intersection go south all the way thru the
City of Big Spring, till you pass the McDonald's which is on the right hand
side of the road continue south about 150 yds and the entrance to the park
is on the Right hand side. (If you go past the Damn you have gone to far.)
>From the park entrance you just need to stay on this road as you will pass
some tennis courts and come to a stopsign. Turn right, and go west about 100
yds, and turn left at the stop sign. (yes you will go thru a set of gates
but don't worry).  At this point you will re-enter the park thru a different
set of gates so just continue to go straight and the road will go directly
to the Baseball Diamond Area and two large sets of pavilions.  We will be
under the pavilion on the Right side of the stopsign  (Just to the North of
the Baseball Diamond).

I remain in service to the Kingdom and the Dream.

HL Agnarr Thorvaldsson
Shire of Crossrode Keep