[Western] Appeal process

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Fri Jan 11 13:32:44 PST 2008

Master Pug has made this statement
As I have tried to make clear in my appeal informational messages, it should be fairly obvious that unfortunate behavior during this period cannot fail to dilute the value of pleadings for restoration to full status.
I agreed with this and believe that protest  and appeals should follow the paperwork pathway of the organization of the SCA. I made a jest at Bonwick that we should raise an army and attack the King. I did not mean for us to really do that. I should not have been jesting with something as important as the dissolution of the Western groups. I meant it only in the way that we "kill" someone at a Tourney or War.  I uncertainly did not and would not advocate doing bodily harm to the mundane individual behind the persona of our King.
I do believe we should protest and I believe that just because these officers and crowns feel that this is the best action doesn't mean that the next one won't undo it. I truly believe if you keep you identity and keep working  the West can rise again. The groups in the West are a real social entity and if the paperwork of the organization of the SCA does not reflect that reality then were need to strengthen the reality until they can't denied it.
Willow de Wisp