[Ansteorra-announce] Open House Demo for our Shire

Don Halter halter at cedar.ne.tamu.edu
Tue Aug 28 22:03:49 PDT 2001

Greetings unto the populace of Ansteorra.
This Sunday afternoon, our shire has its annual Open House demo for Texas
A&M University. This is always a large portion of our recruitment of new
members. We have a prime portion of the Core of Cadets' drill field reserved
for the fighting arts. Any light or heavy fighters looking for something to
do, please come out and help with our demo. If you would like more
information please contact me at: krag at kragaxe.com  , or call at
979-695-1240. Most years we have done this, we end up on the front page of
our university's paper! If you come, you might get famous! OK, maybe not
famous...but the newspapers make good scrapbook clips for history.
 For those not familiar with the area, we are the Shire of the Shadowlands,
in College Station, TX. And are about 1 hr from Huntsville, 1.5 hrs from
Austin, 1.5 hrs from Houston. The demo is from 12 noon to 5pm.

To further entice you, we'll have a drawing from the names of all who attend
for a gift. My lady and I are moving into a new house this week and are
considering having "refreshments" at our new place after the demo if there
is enough interest. Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you.

In Service,
HL Krag von Berghen