[Ansteorra-announce] Queen's Champion

IagoAH at aol.com IagoAH at aol.com
Wed Jul 10 15:40:38 PDT 2002

Please forgive me for getting the word out late, but at the upcoming Queen's
champion list, a 12 kilo mask test will be part of the inspection process.
Get used to this, because I plan on making mask testing a more common
occurrence. If you're worried about your mask, bring it to coronation, and
I'll test it for you there.

No, we will not use it on helmets with perforated faceplates.  It won't test
them properly, it isn't designed to. A 12 kilo tester is designed to see if
the mesh separates under 12 kilos of force.  This is not mush of a test for
perforated steel.

I realize that an improperly used mask tester can destroy a perfectly good
mask, so I will allow you to do use the tester yourself if you don't trust me
or another experienced tester to do it. (I for example preferred Christoforo
or Dore test my mask, since I knew they could use the tester correctly).

Please, do not let a failed mask discourage you from attending.  I know many
of us have an extra mask laying around, and would hope some would bring them,
just in case (and get them tested).
Iago
Rapier Marshal
Ansteorra