[Ansteorra-announce] Drachenwald Ten Year Celebreation

10year at web.de 10year at web.de
Mon Jul 15 04:42:59 PDT 2002

To all gentles throughout the Known World,
Greetings from Giles and EzaBella, King and Queen of Drachenwald.

 We would like to announce the Grandest of Celebrations that the Kingdom  of  Drachenwald has ever seen.

 The Drachenwald Ten Year Celebration will take place at Schloss Burgau near Due-ren, Germany, in Our Shire of Drei Eichen the weekend of June 19  - 22, 2003. Please visit the site listed below for further information.

 http://www.drachenwald.sca.org/events/dtyc/10year.htm

 As you visit the web site, imagine yourself walking the grounds in your  best clothing. See the heraldry hanging from the walls and hear the voices  of the Kingdom singers warming up before the Grand Feast to come. On the grounds, hear the ringing of steel on steel as our Rapier fighters test each  other, and the crash of the Armored fighters engaging in a Grand Tournament.  Imagine the delight of watching an Ar-cher's arrow make a true flight to the center of the bull's eye. In the grand halls, see the wonders of  our faire Kingdom's Artisans displaying their many and varied talents.  Last but not least, come  see the Ambassadors and Emissaries from around the Known World who will be  present to add their Honor to this glorious occasion. No doubt, members of the Popular Company of  Sojourners will choose to make the trip back to Our lands to bring words and  news of the lands in which they now find themselves.

 This promises to be a spectacular event. Mark your calendars, start planning your preporatory projects, polish your armor, and ask your Overlord for time off. Above all, help Us celebrate the ten years We have been The Kingdom of DRACHENWALD!

 For all our friends traveling from afar: Don't let the distance keep you away. Brave the long journey and combine DTYC with other events:  Warbands in Scotland at the beginning of June and Nibelungen War in Germany on the 4th of July weekend frame Drachenwald's Ten Year Celebration with two more events where you can fight in real castles. In between these grand events go see all those spectacular churches, museums, sites, and other places your persona would have seen in the Middle Ages.

Start planning your travels now! Come see and experience the real thing - come to Drachenwald!

 Giles, King
 EzaBella, Queen