[Ansteorra-announce] Upgrade of Mailman...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Jun 23 06:52:05 PDT 2002

Good Morning,

  Last night Mailman was down for a couple hours in order to upgraded for
  security and feature issues. The primary new feature is a better way of
  getting rid of SPAM. Unfortunately virus scanning is not present yet,
  but I am investigating different methods.

  As an FYI, during the first 10 hours of the software being active, the
  software caught 12 pieces of SPAM to differrent mailing lists.

  Unfortunately during my testing, I failed to properly test the system
  and some mail was lost between 10pm and 8am this morning. These 16
  messages were to falconrose, haunted-trails, loch-ruadh, namron,
  northkeep, sca-cooks, sca-dons, sca-laurels, and sca-rapier. I will be
  attempting to resend these messages out in order to ensure that nothing
  is missed. However, this may end up with duplicates of these messages
  in the archive files.

Ciao,

--
Pug Bainter                                        |        AMD, Inc.
System Engineer, MTS                               |      Mail Stop 625