[Ansteorra-announce] Ffynnon Gath event

Anthony Partin squireanton at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 18 23:38:19 PST 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Greetings All,

     After a most glorious Gulf War, we turn our eyes upon our homelands once
again, and times are good here in Ansteorra.  During this bountiful time, it
is important that we hone and sharpen our skills, and not become complacent in
our endeavors.  The Shire of Ffynnon Gath is well aware of this, and the
Amazons along with the warriors of Rhoadd will be holding an event this spring
for this purpose.  April 19-21 we will be holding Highland Games II, the Clan
Wars.  Heavy fighting will be small unit melees.  Bring your unit, and test
your mettle against others from the Kingdom.  This will provide an opportunity
for the small units of the kingdom to fight, and train each other in combat,
as well as build comraderie amongst our forces.  There will be Scottish games
(ie caber toss, etc.)  Arts and Sciences competition with a Celtic theme will
be held.  A Bardic contest for the Best Bawdy Song will occur.  Sir Corwin
will host yet another of his infamous assasin's tourney.  On Saturday night
there will be drumming and dancing (surprise), as well as firedancing by house
Rhoadd and friends.  You never know when you might find yourself in an Amazon
kissing booth, so come prepared.  A wonderful feast will be served by the
feastacrat, Lord Claeton.  The event Autocrat is Centurion Kale.  For more
information, please visit the Ffynnon Gath web site and check out the link.
The event site is near Bandera, TX, and there is a map on the Ffynnon Gath web
site.  All in all, if you like to have FUN, you don't want to miss this event.
In Service,
Centurion Anton
RHOADD High CommandFfynnon Gath, Southern Region, Ansteorra

MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: Click Here[1]