[Ansteorra-announce] Emerald Tourney

Walker, Travis twalker at esc12.net
Tue Mar 19 08:48:42 PST 2002

Greetings,

I know everyone is resting up from war, but in two weeks Emerald Keep
(Waco, TX) will be holding their annual Emerald Tourney.  The event will
be Friday and Saturday of Easter weekend.  Come have a great time!

Children bring your baskest, there will be an Easter egg hunt for the
children on Saturday afternoon.

Last year we had 14 heavy fighters, and 19 rapier fighters and 5 youth
fighters in the lists.  We are trying to break those numbers this year.

The rapier lists (adult and youth) will begin at 11am.    Later that
afternoon, there will be a three man melee tournament for the rapier
provided we have enough entrants.  You can bring your own team, or if
you don't have a team, we will build them from all available fighters in
the tourney.  Only stipulations on the melee teams are that there can
only be one white scarf or equivalent per team, and each member of the
team must be fighting a different style (i.e. rapier/buckler,
rapier/dagger, case).

Site will be at the TSTC clubhouse on the James Connally golf course.
(Same site as academy of the rapier).  There is camping at the site.
Directions can be found in the Blackstar, or on the Emerald site under
events (www.geocities.com/emeraldkeep).

We look forward to seeing everyone there!
For more info, please feel free to email me at twalker at esc12.net

Thank you,
Ld. Edward Mercer