[Ansteorra-announce] Clean Up at Gulf War (Missing Any Siege Equipment?)

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Wed Mar 20 07:44:44 PST 2002

	Greetings All,

	I would like very much to thank everyone in the Ansteorran camp for
doing such an outstanding job of cleaning up their areas prior to leaving
the war. I must go through the Ansteorran camp with the GW staff and make
sure that everything is clean before I leave site. I'm happy to say that
there was no trash to be picked up in the camp area and that all of the
trash was piled beside the road per instructions. Thank you all.

	Ansteorra also had responsibility for cleaning up the fort and list
areas this year, and that was quite another matter. I asked a crew from
Moonschadowe and Bjornsborg to make a sweep of the areas for trash and they
did a great job (thanks, folks!). When I went back to the fort, there was no
trash to be seen but there was a great deal of siege equipment left behind -
most of it behind the fort. This debris included the following:
*	One complete, intact trebuchet (it is no longer complete or intact
as Sigareth dismantled it by hand, which was rather impressive to watch...)
*	One intact siege tower
*	dozens of trebuchet "rocks"
*	Five, count 'em, five giant bags of ballista bolts all from one
Ansteorran barony (don't email me asking for their return because I threw
them away)
*	Two pavises that I saw a brother Ansteorran knight and his squires
build on site
*	Lots and lots of arrows

	One of my assistants, Lord Sigareth, and I spent quite a while
cleaning all of this up Sunday afternoon. I know that when we leave the fort
battle we are all quite exhausted but we still must be vigilant and clean up
after ourselves. Remember that it is part of our belief and values within
the SCA to leave the site better than we found it. I also know that had
anyone thought about it, they would have cleaned up their stuff and not left
it for others. So please, let's be more mindful of our stuff and leave the
entire Gulf War site as clean as we leave our camps.

	Thanks,
	Pendaran