[Ansteorra-announce] Network outage of the Ansteorra server

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Oct 20 04:31:10 PDT 2002

Good Morning,

  The Ansteorra server was off-line from approximately 8am on Saturday
  (10/19) until 5am on Sunday (10/20). The cause of this network outage
  is unknown but it was not allowing incoming nor outgoing traffic for
  the duration of the outage. It affected all services on the Ansteorra
  server though including email and web.

  The good news is that mail system is intentionally designed to survive
  extended outages like this and is currently trying to catch up as
  quickly as it can to this outage.

  Unfortunately I am currently in Taiwan and anyone who could have fixed
  it was unavailable this weekend because of important business they had
  to attend to.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "If you want my views of history
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   then there is something you should know.