[Ansteorra-announce] Details About Eleanor Fairchild's Farewell Concert

Biggs, Truly truly.biggs at hp.com
Thu Aug 26 10:19:12 PDT 2004

Hello again everyone,

For those of you who are planning to attend the concert this weekend,
Here are a few more details which you might find helpful.

Here is the link to directions to the site

http://www.rentoldcitypark.org/pages/10/index.htm

The concert will be held in the second floor of the Renner Schoolhouse,
which looks to be a lovely, air conditioned space with room for any and
all who would like to join us.
(see pics here) http://www.rentoldcitypark.org/pages/10/index.htm

The concert begins at 7:00 PM, and runs for about an hour, with several
special guest soloists performing intermittently. I will gladly take
song requests at the end of the concert. After the concert, we will have
a short break to reassemble the room, and will resume with an open
bardic circle for all to be included in, if they wish. The format will
be "get up and perform" and performance requests for any present bards
will be welcome. I will occasionally ask if there are any people who
would like to perform who have not had the nerve to get up yet - so if
you would like to participate, but are shy - fear not, we will find time
for you. This part of the evening is for anyone with a poem, story or
song to share with those of us assembled. We have that space until 12:00
PM.

I will not be in Garb, during the concert or the circle. You may
certainly attend in garb, but it is not required.

CDs and lyric booklets will be available at the concerts.

Please Call me with any questions-

281 537 9491

Eleanor Fairchild

(Truly Biggs)