[Ansteorra-announce] Chemin Noir 1st event - Fair of the Harvest - October 14-16

Faolan Macfarland faolanmacfarland at cox.net
Thu Oct 13 04:54:16 PDT 2005

Chemin Noirs premiere event is Oct 14-16 at Will Rogers Scout Camp in Cleveland OK

we will be choosing champions for Heavy (format below) , Rapier, Archery, Thrown Weapons, Bardic (format below) and A&S

please pass this on to who ever may be interested

Ottokar

The Warden - Heavy

We wish to invite all fighters to join us for what should be a very exciting tourney.
Because of the format of the competition it can not be Stressed more that we need as many
people In armor as possible. At signup you can declare Your Intent to clam the Warden
title. If you do not wish to compete for the title then your Name will go in to the
Brigands column. This is A perfect way for new fighters and people with Time constraints to
get some practice. After the List closes, The Warden hopefuls will Come before
The crowd and Introduce themselves (personal herald excepted). Each Warden hopeful will
square off against 3 Brigands In a 1 vs.3 match. The Warden Hopeful will Be awarded 0-4
points for the match. 1 point for Each Brigand defeated and a Bonus point for surviving.
After 2 matches for each Warden Hopeful we will select the top 2 for the final Round. The
Field Battle will place the last Two Warden hopefuls in the role as War Band Leader. Anyone
in armor that wish’s to be part Of the Field Battle may join in. The bands will be selected
by the War leaders, one fighter At a time. We hope that we can have combat Archery in this
round. During this battle the Two War leaders are just that,[leaders].They Can not attack
or be attacked. Only after a War leader has lost all of his men is he free To engage
himself. The surviver will be our new Warden.

Bardic

Troubadour

The Bardic competition will be held during feast. The feast hall will be divided in 3
parts (head table, Left and right wings).There will be a judge in each of the Areas. They
will have a list of all the bards that signed up At gate. Each bard will perform a piece
some time during feast for each area. The time and subject of the performance will Be up to
the entertainer. The judge will give points for The overall performance as well as how you
interact With the audience. Remember you are not performing for The judge. The judge is
grading you on how will you perform For the others in the room. To make it easer for the
judge Please introduce yourself before you start. The Feast will go on
Regardless of your performance. You will need
To take charge of the time and make the people want to pay attention to you. This is how
the Troubadour makes a living.

Artistian

Documention not required.