[Ansteorra-announce] Glaslyn Artisan of the Flame 2015 w/class schedule

Colleen/Keally via Ansteorra-announce2 ansteorra-announce2 at lists.ansteorra.org
Thu Aug 27 11:14:43 PDT 2015

Glaslyn's Artisan of the Flame
Saturday, August 29, 2015
Texas Woman’s University Student Union Building
304 Administration Dr
Denton, TX 76204
(For Directions See Below)

Good Gentles!
We invite you all to join the Canton of Glaslyn on Saturday,
August 29,2015 as we choose our artisan champions for the
next year. We will be naming our Artisan of the Flame and our men
folk will be choosing a Keeper of the Flame for the Arts. Body of
work with 3 to 5 entries, documentation required.
There will be a novice competition for skills that a gentle has
learned in the last year. No documentation required for the novice
competition.

The site opens at 10:00 am and closes at 8:00 pm
Site fees will be $5.00 (Gentles over 13) Free (12 and under) A surcharge of $5 will be added for adult non-members.
Checks to be made out to SCA, Inc./Canton of Glaslyn. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may also attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents or legal guardian.
Pets not allowed.

If you are interested in teaching a class please contact Lady Colleen O’Kelly at ldycolleenokelly at yahoo.com

Evening feast is pot-luck. Please contact Master Airaklee at wolf7777777 at hotmail.com with your contributions, so that we will know if we will be eating in or making reservations elsewhere.

If you have any questions or have special needs, feel free to contact the Autocrats.

Autocrats:
Lady Colleen O'Kelly
mka: Keally Howell
Email: ldycolleenokelly at yahoo.com
Phone: 940-765-8028

Master Airaklee Wolf
mka: Doug Turnage
Email: wolf7777777 at hotmail.com
Phone: 940-205-9659

                  Directions to Site:
>From Dallas:
Make your best way to I-35E North. Follow I-35E N Denton. Take exit 464 US-77N/Dallas Dr. Follow US-77N/Dallas Dr. Use the right 2 lanes to turn slightly right onto S Bell Ave. Keep left to continue on N Bell Ave. Turn left onto Administration Dr. Site is on your left and parking on your right.

>From Fort Worth:
Make your best way to I-35W North. Follow I-35W N Denton. Take exit 84  S Bonnie Brae St. Turn left onto S Bonnie Brae St. Turn right onto W Hickory St. and left onto N Carroll Blvd. Turn right onto W University Dr. Turn right onto N Bell Ave. Turn Right onto Administration Dr. Site is on your left and parking on your right.

>From OKC:
Make your best way to I-35 South. Follow I-35S to Denton. Take exit 471 toward Denton/Krum/US-77/Farm to Market Rd 1173/TX-288 Loop. Continue onto US-77 S/I-35 Frontage Rd. Turn left onto US-77 S. Turn left onto W University Dr. Turn right onto N Bell Ave. Turn right onto Administration Dr. Site is on your left and parking on your right.

10:30am - 11:30am
Silk fan making
Intro to Historical Music in the SCA
Modular Origami

11:30am - 12:30pm
silk fan making
cheese making
Introduction to shoe making

1:30pm - 2:30pm
Writing in Runes The Basics of Elder Futhark
basket weaving
What was worn under there?

2:30pm - 3:30pm
silk fan making
basket weaving
how to make a period style shade pavilion and cooler covers out of painters canvas

3:30pm - 4:30pm
silk fan making
basket weaving
Trapezoidal Pilgrim's Bag

4:30pm - 5:30pm
Calligraphy
basket weaving
Trapezoidal Pilgrim's Bag

5:30pm - 6:30pm
Calligraphy
Spices and Spice Mixtures Used in England, France and Italy (1300s - 1500s)

Lady Colleen O'Kelly
Kingdom Siege Marshal