[Ansteorra-rapier] gauntlets and rapier

Northern Cadet gassion_de_beaumarchais at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 17:56:39 PDT 2007

I agree with Don Dore that a mail gauntlet isn't much use give the rules he
has quoted.  I think the idea behind his rationale is reasonable if we keep
the concept of competition in mind.  I'm not a fan of the way we utilize
blade grabbing and don't use it in the SCA due to it's restrictive rules.  I
wonder if they might be modified for C&T to be less restrictive and allow
for a more period interpretation?  I have little concern that someone will
wrest my C&T approved blades to the point of breakage.

Lord Gassion de Beaumarchais
Cadet to Don James Francis Navarre
Mooneschadowe Insegnante

Control thyself, or be ruled by another...