[Sca-cooks] good pennsic foods for single camping?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jul 2 08:24:06 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/2/2003 11:09:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net writes:

> So far I have 2 meals worked out: de Nola's chopped spinach made with
> canned spinach, served with couscous; and penne with mozzarella and frozen
> peas...

Both Losyns and Macrows work very well using canned broth (or boullion cubes)
for the cooking medium and making sure you dump the cheese on as soon as the
pasta is drained...I don't bother with trying to make a lasagna out of the
losyns, I either break the noodles up before I cook them or use something other
than lasagna noodles, but use the cheese and spicing for Losyns.  Both Rice of
Fish Day and Rice of Flesh Day work well, as do any of the almond milk things
if you take preground almonds with you.  Oh, and Cabboges, and Funges, too.
And Beans Yfried.
I can't remember - do you eat meat?  If so, there are a number of meat dishes
that can be simmered nicely...

Brangwayna