[Sca-cooks] Snow and Storms

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Dec 15 07:12:36 PST 2005

On Dec 15, 2005, at 9:42 AM, Sue Clemenger wrote:

> You sometimes see chili-cheese fries in Montana.  Not quite  THE
> Great White
> North, but definitely cold enough, big enough, and north of most of
> the U.S.
> <g>
> Dunno what the poutine is, though....
> --Maire

My neighborhood's particular ethnic balance provides a market for all
manner of cra-- I mean, stuff on fries. I don't recall ever feeling
any particular imperative to try any of them, although my wife
sometimes has the cheese fries, which differ from poutine, I gather,
in that instead of a homogeneous "cheddar" cheese sauce, poutine
calls for fresh cheese curds.

Around here chili fries come from Wendy's... 'nuff said.

But here I also see on menus cheese fries, curry fries (I believe
that's the same curry-flavored white sauce used for "curried chicken"
-- not even remotely an attempt at Indian or other South Asian
cookery -- favored in the Eiro-centric diners around here), fries
with gravy, and fries with curry-flavored baked beans...

"...and a fried egg on top and Spam!"

Adamantius, who sticks to the Mixed Grill/Fry or the Irish breakfast