[Sca-cooks] Re:eye surgery - ot

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Sun Feb 13 08:53:23 PST 2005

        They do indeed place a plastic lens in the eye to replace the clouded
one they've removed, and it is shaped to at least partially correct your
vision.  Unfortunately, the thing that makes us need bifocals, which is the
growing lack of flexibility in the eye (as I remember) is not correctable that way.
Therefore, as the doctor explained it, they make you far-sighted (so you can
drive or read street signs w/o glasses) and you have to wear glasses for
reading or other close work.  Since I've worn glasses since grade 3, this isn't
such a big deal...
     Did you know that they no longer cut the cataract out, but emulsify it?
(ObFood Content) - makes you think of the doctor with his giant Waring Blender
Wand....
     Devra

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com