[Sca-cooks] Book search warning

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Feb 15 08:57:15 PST 2005

I just took a few minutes to look for something in the
ABE Books database of used books. I've come across
something that list members might want to pay attention to.
Apparently it's become a practice (at least on this site) to list not books
for sale but selections of photocopies.  11 pages plus fax
costs $47.50.  Or this bargain--
1 PAGE(S). PHOTOCOPY PAGES. UNBOUND. FOR REFERENCE. THESE ARE
PHOTOCOPIES FROM SCARCE AND RARE PERIODICALS AND BOOKS OF THE 19TH AND
EARLY 20TH CENTURY. THIS REFERENCE IS NOT REFUNDABLE UNLESS NOT AS
DESCRIBED. THIS REFERENCE IS AUTHORIZED FOR COMMERCIAL USE. IT MAY BE
REPRODUCED IN BOOKS, MAGAZINES, TELEVISION OR IN ANY MANNER DESIRED.

$48.50 for this one.

Just a warning-- pay attention to what they are actually selling.

Johnnae