[Sca-cooks] one of those fermented mare's milk product*s*

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 22 17:42:08 PST 2005

Phlip said:
> Paul's comment on all this in another email was, "Love to know a real
> source
> of this." And Gene said, " Good grief.  Maybe I can look it up in Ibn
> Battuta.  Yeah, white foods are dairy products.  Buell will tell you
> about
> airag, but I think it's one of those fermented mare's milk products.
> best--GEne"

fermented mare's milk product *s*? You mean there is more than just
kumiss made this way? More details, please. And how do these other
items vary from just kumiss? Are they any better or worse tasting, than
kumiss? Or is actual kumiss actually better than it sounds? I still
think it indicates how desperate the Mongols were, but I'm willing to
admit tastes vary.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas