[Sca-cooks] OOP food in print, literally

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Fri Feb 4 17:17:04 PST 2005

Chris Stanifer wrote:

> --- "Lonnie D. Harvel" <ldh at ece.gatech.edu> wrote:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/03/technology/circuits/03chef.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5088&en=86bc342e2ce05d47&ex=1265086800&partner=rssnyt
>
> This is a product of our failing education system.  This
> poor, deluded fellow obviously enrolled in one of those
> combination Home Economics / Automated Business Machine
> classes at the local college.  His friend, I have heard,
> enrolled in a similar class:  Professional Baking /
> Automotive Repair.  He has opened up 'The Frosty Lube' in
> Chicago, where he sells  specialty after-market auto
> parts made out of Gelato.  No warranty is expressed or
> implied.
>
> William de Grandfort

Oh?  That's not what I heard.

His friend took the challenging and versatile combination
"Short Order Cook / Small Engine Repair" self study course.

That way he can work at a diner and still say his day job
is auto mechanic ... and ruin either your meal or your car.

The subject was: "OOP food in print, literally"

I like "OoP print in food, literally" just as well.

I know where and when to find a Canon Manufacturer's Rep
(a nearby CompUSA) -- I'll have to ask if the ink for the
Canon i560 inkjet printer is edible.  Otherwise, I have
to wonder if the article was printed about 2 months early.

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick