[Sca-cooks] RE: Authenticity police?

Denise Wolff scadian at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 7 16:03:27 PST 2005

Hi,
I'm Andrea and I'm an authenticist.

Noted all the above conversations and have a few comments:

1. It's okay if you don't do things my way. I'll learn from you and you
learn from me.

2. Not all authenticists are jerks. Neither are  other SCA people. My
favorite authenticists never push their ideas on me... I am learning this
from them.

3. When intimidated by an authenticist, ask us questions. Maybe we don't
realize that we are not making sense to you or we are coming off stuffy.

4. We all put our pants on one leg at a time....

5. Most of us have real jobs and our bus tokens cost the same as yours.

6. Don't judge, maybe we do have something to back up our comments that you
may not know about. Don't take offense.

7. Tell us if we come off as offensive. ( I know I have a pretty thick skin-
I live in NY and am used to being called on my opinions). It seems that
those who declaim authenticity police have been hounded by people who are
just socially inept at making their point known without hurting someone's
feelings.

8. And  my final note..... A true authenticist couldn't possibly be part of
the police....we are just too busy doing research...

(And a side for  Da....you know me....Authenticity or not..... we can still
be friends... you know how to party.)

Andrea MacIntyre
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-AuthenticCooks/