[Sca-cooks] RE: Authenticity police?

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 19:36:33 PST 2005

--- Denise Wolff <scadian at hotmail.com> wrote:

> 2. Not all authenticists are jerks. Neither are  other SCA people. My
> favorite authenticists never push their ideas on me... I am learning this
> from them.

Yes.  You can attract more flies with honey, etc...

> 3. When intimidated by an authenticist, ask us questions.

Intimidated?  No, that won't happen.  Irritated, perhaps.  Annoyed, perhaps.  But only if you are
one of the jerks, and then you'll know that you have annoyed me.

> 4. We all put our pants on one leg at a time....
>
> 5. Most of us have real jobs and our bus tokens cost the same as yours.

I think this is one of the reasons why many people find 'Authenticity Police' so vile.... they
seem to think that others percieve them as somehow 'elevated'.  It's simply not the case.

WdG

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.