[Sca-cooks] RE: Midrealm News Regarding Cooks

Daniel Myers edouard at medievalcookery.com
Mon Feb 7 19:43:05 PST 2005

On Feb 7, 2005, at 11:57 AM, Louise Smithson wrote:

> Whoops confusion abounds.  They elevated two laurels at candlemas.
> Emmelyne for silkwork, she raises her own silkworms and spins the
> silk.  She was put on vigil in the morning and elevated after court.

While my dearest Mistress-lady-wife does reel silk from cocoons, spins,
and dyes it with period dies (as well as tablet weaving, braiding, net
making, fringe making, and everything else one can possibly do with
silk) she doesn't actually raise the worms.  She's "afraid" of bugs.

On the food-related part, she did receive a can of fried silkworm pupae
as a vigil gift.  They look ... crunchy.

On Feb 7, 2005, at 12:09 PM, Phlip wrote:

> And, let's not forget loud congratulations for Doc,, who's actually
> fairly
> new to the EK, so that tells you what kind of contribution he must be
> making

Thank you - though I'm actually in the Midrealm, and have been cooking
here for about 4 years.  ;-)

- Doc