[Sca-cooks] Midrealm News Regarding Cooks

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 8 10:49:55 PST 2005

Same, same here in Atlantia.  I guess the logic here is that we look to see
if the person has contributed any new knowledge to the "body of
knowledge"...and those who do research for their feasts and make every
effort to serve authentically period feasts are doing just that...especially
if they try new things.

Kiri

At the risk of saying "me too" or "ditto", I'd say the same is true for
Meridies.
I know that cooking was regarded for a long time to be 'merely' service, and
not considered for arts awards.  That has changed, as we've gotten more and
more access to real resources and have grown our researching abilities, the
standards have raised as well.  I wasn't around for the discussion on me,
but I was for Caitlin and nic, and can definitely say their knowledge of
period sources, serving methods, the way an entire feast was put together as
opposed to a long string of disconnected dishes, entertainment, etc. were
all discussed and noted.
(The fact that both of them totally rock where all those things are
concerned helped a lot.)
Christianna