[Sca-cooks] Out of the food topic altogether rantAuthenticitypolice

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 22:11:15 PST 2005

--- Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I wasn't going to answer your post because
> sometimes it seems as if with your rude behavior
> you are deliberately trying to cause flame wars.

Nah.  Just speaking plain and to the purpose.  I don't mince words.  Never have.  If a comment
strikes a nerve, I'll respond to it, regardless of who posted it.  If that's seen by some as rude,
then that can't be helped.  Eventually I will be censored, I'm sure, and then you can go about
your merry way.

> I don't know if you are actually this dense or
> just pretending to be dense to provoke a rise
> out of me.  I am inclined to believe the latter
> as you do this constantly, and you did this
> constantly when you were known as Balthazar.

There's really no telling, sometimes.  If publicly posting what others are thinking, but too timid
to post, makes me dense, then so be it.  You have your opinion.  I don't agree with it.  But, if
you feel the need to resort to personal attacks against me, let's take it off list.  You can rail
against me all you want, as long as you are prepared to get it back tenfold.

> The whole jist of my previous message was to
> say that if a new cook is afraid of research
> then we [yes all of us on this list] should
> help the new cook by example and by being
> this person's cooking mentor.

Right.  But the use of imperical terms in this regard is seen by many as aloof and demanding.
Trust me, I know.  I've been getting off-list replies from members of this list for a while now.

The intention is good, but the execution and the verbiage are...well...seemingly despotic.

 WdG

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.