[Sca-cooks] Perioid versus period

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Feb 8 22:13:08 PST 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> You bring up perfectly logical questions, Phlip, for someone with an open
> and curious nature.  However, I deal with people every day (culinary
> students included) that absolutely would not consider eating something
> "strange", and the things that people think are strange completely boggle
> the mind.  I had a woman turn down hot apple cider as a strange and
> potentially harmful substance at a demo we did in October.  I mean, I can
> see being wary of the gingerbrede, but hot apple juice?  Is that a foreign
> food?  So, I think part of the insight you are looking for is not "why are
> people afraid of period food?", but "why are people afraid of trying any
new
> food?".
> Christianna
> up trying to put together a class on plate presentation for tomorow at
> 8:30AM.

I suppose that makes a certain amount of sense- I remember as a kid, getting
permission to color everyone's milk with food coloring for April Fools Day,
and a few kids wouldn't drink it. And, come to think of it, even a guy like
Stefan, whom I love dearly, won't eat his vegetables. It just isn't
sensible- but then, I guess, maybe common sense isn't so common after all...

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.