[Sca-cooks] Perioid versus period

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Wed Feb 9 06:01:03 PST 2005

Martin G. Diehl <mdiehl at nac.net> [2005.02.09] wrote:
> ... For that matter, why must the eMail subject include
> warning tags such as [OoP], [OT], or even [HUMOR]
> ... why here, among friends?

It's politeness. Some people are short on time, and telling them right
off that this is a joke, not a serious discussion about the supposed
topic of the list allows them to skip the whole 453 post thread unread.

I skip threads and thus miss good stuff. My saving throw is keeping some
names in mind, but e.g. Adamantius is No Help At All; plenty of good
stuff, but also posts to *all* the off topic threads as well.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Vini, Vidi, Velcro- I came, I saw, I stuck around.