[Sca-cooks] Perioid versus period

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Wed Feb 9 14:09:15 PST 2005

UlfR wrote:

Thanks for your response.

> Martin G. Diehl <mdiehl at nac.net> [2005.02.09] wrote:
>
> > ... For that matter, why must the eMail subject include
> > warning tags such as [OoP], [OT], or even [HUMOR]
> > ... why here, among friends?
>
> It's politeness.

Of course.  I do tag my messages.

Does everyone else?

> Some people are short on time, and telling them right
> off that this is a joke, not a serious discussion about
> the supposed topic of the list allows them to skip the
> whole 453 post thread unread.
>
> I skip threads and thus miss good stuff. My saving throw is
> keeping some names in mind, but e.g. Adamantius is No Help
> At All; plenty of good stuff, but also posts to *all* the
> off topic threads as well.

I was not aware that Adamantius posts to *all* OT threads.  <g>

> UlfR

OK ... you feel that some improvements could be made.

We should address that question by gathering some data

You identified issue #1, messages: OnTopic v. OT, OoP,
Humor, Rant ...

What are the other issues that impact the utility of the
list, the efficiency of the list, the time it takes to
read the list, ... ?

I'll keep track of the replies and add a few of my own hot
button issues later.

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick